The diverse historic survey and the experts' opinions are made tangible by the other part of the scientific documentation, the historic building record. The complex that consists of the church and the parsonage, holds such heritage values as works made by celebrated artists of the time. The historic organ manufactured by the Angster family, stuccoes and majolica ornaments of the interior, the communion table, the groutless tiling of the floors, the came glassworks by Miksa Róth, the bells seized and recast several times in history, the altogether 453 pieces of Zsolnay ceramics of the facade, the spouts, or the decorative metalworks are all specified in the record besides other items of historic interest, like original windows and doors, that varied simultaneously with the alterations of the buildings. The inventory unfolds the history of restorations, the changing functions by changing demands of the growing community of worshippers, and also draws attention to the unnecessary extensions of the most recent times, or missing articles to be restored, like the colourful, painted wall decoration of the entrance area, or the ornaments of a column at the front door of the pastor's office.
DESCRIPTION: Complete heritage restoration of Fasor Calvinist Church
LOCATION: Városligeti fasor 5., Budapest
LAND REGISTER REFERENCE: 33501
MONUMENT ID: 8011
MONUMENT REGISTRATION NUMBER: 163660
CLIENT: Budapest-Fasor Reformed Congregation
DATE OF COMPLETION: 2019.04.01.
HERITAGE PROTECTION CONSULTANT: Dr. Gergely Nagy
LEAD RESEARCHER: Piroska Varga DLA
RESEARCHER: Zoltán Tömpe, Bianka Gizella Somkutas, Gergely Lezsovits, Dorottya Répay
archive image: Építő Ipar 1913 június 22, 25. szám, 271. oldal